The origins of yoga are found in ancient history and yoga has been practised throughout the world for centuries. Baby yoga is a relatively new practice based on the age old tradition. It combines simplified hatha yoga, relaxation, rhythmical movement and play.
Baby yoga holds both physical and emotional benefits for you and your baby.
- Strengthen and improve muscle tone
- Maintain flexibility in the joints and spine
- Stimulate the circulatory, immune, lymphatic and digestive systems
- Stimulate the senses
- Stimulate oxytocin production, relaxing and calming babies
- Support the development of balance and coordination
- Enhance body awareness
- Promote positive interaction and social play with others
Courses run over a 6 week period, and provide parents with a relaxing, nurturing environment in which they can spend quality time with their baby. You can expect a combination of exercises, songs and sensory play for babies. We bounce on beach balls, have fun with scarves, feathers, lights, bubbles and much more!
This is what parents had to say about baby yoga:
Baby yoga was a great way to interact with Finlay and learn different movements which helped with his development hugely. He is growing into a happy confident little boy and your classes have definitely given him a great start to his little life. — Raychel
The best baby class I’ve ever done, and I’ve done a few! — Jenny
Fantastic class, fantastic teachers, and fantastic friends made. We cant thank you enough! — Anna